Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I was surprised at how few recipes there were on here for ground beef and spinach with pasta, aside from lasagna and manicotti, so I made this up one night.
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 250 g ground beef or 250 g ground pork
- 2 (400 g) cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 10 ounces frozen spinach
- 200 g tagliatelle pasta noodles (or other pasta)
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Saute the onion in a deep frying pan for 1-2 minutes, then add the ground beef.
- Cook until beef is browned, then add the tomatoes, spices, salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for 3-4 minutes, then add the spinach and simmer 3-4 minutes more.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Meanwhile, boil and drain the pasta according to directions on the package.
- Combine the two and place in a baking tray.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top and bake in a hot oven until melted and the dish is pipping hot, about 5 minutes.
- Serve with a salad and garlic bread.
I thought this recipe was pretty good. If I made it again, I would leave out the chili flakes. DH didn't care for it at all.
This was so good my whole family loved it. I made one with ground turkey, and the other with Veggies crumbles. The family said "Make it again!" I also put a little mozzarella mixed with it and baked it. Yum! I'll be making this again.
This was a great comforting recipe for a cold, snowy nite. I used half a bag of fresh spinach instead of frozen, added fresh sliced mushrooms when sauteeing, EXTRA garlic, used rotini instead of flat pasta, topped with mozzarella cheese. I used a 28 oz can of whole tomato that I crushed & 8 oz can of tomato sauce, DH like things saucey! Will make again. Thanx, Sackville!