1/1 Photo of Ground Beef and Shredded Potato Casserole
When the family wants meat and potatoes, this flexible recipe will come to mind. Almost any quick-cooking frozen veggie or combination works well in it. From American Heart Association's "Meals in Minutes"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar syrup
- 1/2 cup frozen nonfat shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup frozen corn or 1/2 cup frozen carrots or 1/2 cup frozen green beans
- 4 ounces tomato sauce
- 1/8 cup water
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/16 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon all-purpose seasoning
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a shallow 1 1/2 quart baking dish with vegetable oil spray.
- 2In a small bowl, stir together tomato sauce and sugar; set aside.
- 3Using your hands, break apart beef into 1/2" pieces; layer into baking dish, leaving slight space between pieces.
- 4Sprinkle beef with all-purpose seasoning, basil, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- 5Top with garlic, onions, tomato sauce mixture, frozen veggies, and potatoes. Pour water over all. Lightly spray potatoes with vegetable oil spray.
- 6Bake, covered, for 25 minutes, or until beef is no longer pink in center and potatoes are tender.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ground Beef and Shredded Potato Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 382.3
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 73.7 mg
- Sodium 537.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 27.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: