better the next day
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 red bell pepper (small to medium size)
- 1 green bell pepper (small to medium)
- 1 medium onion
- 3 -4 cloves garlic (to your liking)
- 3 -4 shallots
- fresh parsley (don't be afraid to use some)
- 1 dash dry basil
- cracked black pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms
- 1 -1 1/4 lb ground beef
- 1 lb italian sweet sausage
- 1Start by emptying all sauces into pot.
- 2Cut green and red peppers into small chunks.
- 3Add to sauce.
- 4Add mushrooms.
- 5Add a couple tablespoons sugar to cut down acid level.
- 6Add pre-cooked sausage.
- 7I usually cook them in a crock pot the day before to remove majority of the fat.
- 8Cut into 1/2" chunks.
- 9Next dice onion.
- 10Chop both garlic and shallotts.
- 11Heat olive oil in a pan and saute garlic,onion and shallotts being careful not to burn them and cook till tender.
- 12Add salt and cracked black pepper to taste along with chopped parsley.
- 13Add to sauce.
- 14In the same pan add groung beef and brown.
- 15Add to sauce and cook on low heat 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- 16Serve over the pasta of your choice.
- 17I prefer vermicelli over spaghetti.
- 18This may seem like it takes a long time to cook but I was taught good things come to those wait.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for ground beef and sausage spaghetti sauce
Serving Size: 1 (287 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 424.8
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 73.8 mg
- Sodium 1503.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 17.2 g
- Protein 31.1 g