Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this recipe on Yahoo! Food. I haven't tried it but it sounds yummy!
- 6 cups uncooked white rice
- 1 lb kielbasa
- 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 onion, minced
- 30 ounces kidney beans, drained
- 15 ounces pinto beans, drained
- 15 ounces pork and beans
- Prepare the rice in a large pot according to package directions.
- Cut the kielbasa into 1-inch chunks and quarter the chunks. Place in a large skillet over medium-high heat for about 5 to 10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Season with cayenne pepper to taste. Transfer this to the pot with the rice, reserving the grease in the skillet.
- In the same skillet over medium-high heat, saute the ground beef for 5 minutes. Stir in the rice, and onion; reduce heat to medium and saute for 5 more minutes. Drain well and add to the pot. Stir the kidney beans, pinto beans, and pork and beans into the pot. Add a little water, if necessary, and simmer over low heat until ready to serve.
This was a fantastic one dish meal!!! Although I sauteed the meat, and threw all the rest in a crockpot. Made cornbread for the side. Thank you for sharing such a yummy and easy recipe! LA :-)