Recipe by cleash
I had some spicy homemade sausage to use and thought some meatballs sounded good! Found a couple recipes and combined. The kids thought it was great! So did the wife and I. Use them in Italian dishes or as appetizers. Would also be good on a meatball sub!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb bulk sausage
- 2⁄3 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water, as needed
Directions See How It's Made
- Line shallow baking dish with foil and oil.
- Combine all ingredients and mix, using enough water to meld.
- Shape into meatballs 1 1/2 to 2 inches in diameter.
- Broil the meatballs 8 inches from broiler for 10 minutes. Turn over meatballs and broil for 10 more minutes.
- I had 50 meatballs so you may have to broil in two batches. I used my Holland grill and cooked them on there which helped eliminate them sitting in the grease.