Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
These can be served as a meal, they are delicious! Prep time includes baking the potatoes.
Top Review by loof
This makes an easy, flavorful, filling meal! I used a red pepper instead of green and no onions, otherwise made as specified. I was surprised to see parmesan cheese as an ingredient in this but it added a nice flavor to the filling. Thanks for posting this yummy recipe!
- 4 large russet baking potatoes (the larger the better!)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- seasoning salt (can use white salt)
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- 1 1⁄4 cups prepared salsa (can use a bit more)
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (or to taste)
- 3 -4 green onions, finely chopped
- sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake the potatoes for about 1 hour at 400 degrees or until the potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile in a skillet cook the ground beef with onion, garlic and green bell pepper until ground beef is no longer pink (about 10-12 minutes) drain fat.
- Add in the Parmesan cheese and salsa; continue to cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the potatoes in half lenghwise and fluff up the pulp with a fork.
- Place potatos on a baking sheet.
- Season pulp with salt and pepper.
- Spoon equal amounts of ground beef mixture on top of each potato.
- Top with cheddar cheese and green onions.
- Return to oven for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with sour cream.