Prep1 hr 15 mins
These can be served as a meal, they are delicious! Prep time includes baking the potatoes.
Make and share this Ground Beef and Salsa Stuffed Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large russet baking potatoes (the larger the better!)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- seasoning salt (can use white salt)
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- 1 1⁄4 cups prepared salsa (can use a bit more)
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (or to taste)
- 3 -4 green onions, finely chopped
- sour cream
- Bake the potatoes for about 1 hour at 400 degrees or until the potatoes are tender.
- Meanwhile in a skillet cook the ground beef with onion, garlic and green bell pepper until ground beef is no longer pink (about 10-12 minutes) drain fat.
- Add in the Parmesan cheese and salsa; continue to cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut the potatoes in half lenghwise and fluff up the pulp with a fork.
- Place potatos on a baking sheet.
- Season pulp with salt and pepper.
- Spoon equal amounts of ground beef mixture on top of each potato.
- Top with cheddar cheese and green onions.
- Return to oven for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with sour cream.
This makes an easy, flavorful, filling meal! I used a red pepper instead of green and no onions, otherwise made as specified. I was surprised to see parmesan cheese as an ingredient in this but it added a nice flavor to the filling. Thanks for posting this yummy recipe!
The only change that I made was to scoop out the potatoes and roughly mashed them, then combined with the mixture. Stuffed the skins, and kept about half of the cheese mixture for the topping. It was great!! Thanks for posting.
Was okay. No wow factor.