Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
More family favorites
Make and share this Ground Beef and Rice Curry recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup converted rice
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, cut up
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 garlic clove, smashed and minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, brown the beef with the onion. Drain excess fat.
- Put the ground beef and onions in a 3 1/2 quart crock pot and add the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Cover and cook on low 4 hours.
This was very good! Even my picky daughter ate a large plateful! I did not make the crockpot version. I made it in 1/2 hour and baked it at 325 for about 45 min. I also did not peel the pink lady apples.