Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Savory, simple and delicious! Can use cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup in place of the celery if desired, this is really good!
- 2 -3 tablespoons oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3 -4 fresh minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 medium onions, sliced
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons mustard powder
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons green onions (or to taste)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- Heat the oil in a skillet.
- Brown beef with garlic; drain and mix in the 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, set aside.
- Simmer the onions in boiling water for 10 minutes; drain and reserve 1/2 cup of the onion water.
- To the 1/2 cup onion water, add in the boiled onions, soup, dry mustard, salt, pepper cheddar cheese and green onions; mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Combine the 1 cup Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs and butter; mix well.
- Remove the dish from oven and set to broil.
- Evenly sprinkle the crumb/cheese mixture on the casserole and broil for about 2 minutes.