Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
I like this recipee because it is easy and quick to make. I thought it won't be that great considering the ingredients BUT every time I make it everyone loves it.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions (I have done without also) (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 (900 g) package egg noodles (medium or broad) or 1 (900 g) packageany other pastas
- 1 -2 cup grated cheese, to taste
- In fryiing pan fry ground beef and onion in oil.
- I omit the oil since there is already fat in the ground beef.
- Add next 4 ingredients: tomato soup, mushroom soup, salt and pepper.
- Mix and heat through.
- (I add 1 cup grated cheese to the sauce, heat and mix in).
- cook noodles in boiling water-- and drain.
- add sauce to noodles and mix well.
- Put in casserole dish,.
- top with remaining cup of cheese.
- Put in oven till heated through.
I made this tonight for my family for the first time. It was easy and all the ingredients we already had. I was skeptical because of the combination of soups, but decided it was worth a try. It turned out really good, and the family even asked for seconds. Made a couple tweeks to the recipe, just for a boost of flavor. I added about a clove of minced garlic while cooking the meat & onions, and after cooking some people added a dash of Parmesan cheese on top. Thanks for the recipe. Turned out great.