Prep 35 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is one of my family's all-time favorite casseroles!
- 907.18 g ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 14.79-29.58 ml fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 59.14 ml grated parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- 418.15 g can cream-style corn
- 304.75 g can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 226.79 g can tomato sauce
- 78.07-118.29 ml sliced pimiento, drained
- 29.58 ml chopped jalapeno peppers (or to taste)
- salt and pepper
- 2.46-4.92 ml chili powder
- 1.23-2.46 ml ground mustard powder (or 1 Tbsp prepared mustard or Dijon)
- 236.59-473.18 ml canned sliced mushrooms
- 226.79 g package medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 473.18 ml shredded cheddar cheese, mixed with mozzarella cheese (or marble cheese is good also)
- In a large skillet, cook the beef with the onion, garlic and green pepper over medium heat until the beef is no longer pink and the veggies are tender; drain any fat, and mix in the 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add in all of the following ingredients, except for the cooked noodles and the shredded cheese; mix very well to combine.
- Add in the cooked egg noodles; mix to combine.
- Transfer to a 13 x 9-inch greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle with more grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Top/sprinkle with the 2 cups grated cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until heated through.
What a great meal. I used fine Inn Maid noodles and they were great in kittencal's dish. My husband loved this and so did I. No surprise, her recipes are always good. I'm going to try this one out on 3 grandchildren tonight. keep shaing Kittencal.
Very tasty casserole. Your recipes are always the BEST!! Will make this again.
This casserole was really great, the sweet and spicy flavor hit the spot. I halved it with great success. Since I didn't want half a can of tomato soup and sauce laying around I just used the whole can of soup and omitted the sauce. Also left out the green peppers and pimentos as a personal preference but it was still yummy and easy to put together. I used some fresh mushrooms I had and could have added more since they shrink more than canned.