Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This is one of my family's all-time favorite casseroles!
Top Review by ~ara
What a great meal. I used fine Inn Maid noodles and they were great in kittencal's dish. My husband loved this and so did I. No surprise, her recipes are always good. I'm going to try this one out on 3 grandchildren tonight. keep shaing Kittencal.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup sliced pimiento, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped jalapeno peppers (or to taste)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard powder (or 1 Tbsp prepared mustard or Dijon)
- 1 -2 cup canned sliced mushrooms
- 1 (8 ounce) package medium egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, mixed with mozzarella cheese (or marble cheese is good also)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook the beef with the onion, garlic and green pepper over medium heat until the beef is no longer pink and the veggies are tender; drain any fat, and mix in the 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add in all of the following ingredients, except for the cooked noodles and the shredded cheese; mix very well to combine.
- Add in the cooked egg noodles; mix to combine.
- Transfer to a 13 x 9-inch greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle with more grated Parmesan cheese if desired.
- Top/sprinkle with the 2 cups grated cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until heated through.