Recipe by kymgerberich
Really easy and yummy dish! The recipe suggests using pasteurized eggs.
Top Review by Chef Deedlit
This was okay. It was tasty, and filling. I used udon, because we didn't have pasta. Didn't use mushrooms as DH doesn't like them. I can't explain it but it just tasted like something was missing. I did have a small problem with the eggs scrambling rather than becoming part of the dish. Will make again, but will definitely tweak.
- 12 ounces spaghetti, uncooked
- 4 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook and drain spaghetti as directed on package. Rinse spaghetti and return to pot; cover to keep warm.
- Cook bacon over medium-high heat 8 to 9 minutes, turning occasionally, until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet, leavfing drippings in skillet. Drain bacon on paper towel. Crumble bacon.
- In same skillet, cook beef, mushrooms, onion, garlilc, salt and pepper over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain, if necessary.
- Pour whipping cream over cooked spaghetti in pot. Cook over medium-high heat 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until hot.
- Add beef mixture, bacon and eggs to spaghetti mixture. Reduce heat to medium. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, tossing mixture constantly, until spaghetti is well coated. Stir in cheese. Garnish with parsley.