Recipe by Julie B's Hive
Got a bag of frozen mixed vegetables on hand? A pound of hamburger? Chances are the other ingredients are already in your pantry. This meal-in-one dish is sure to please and comes in handy on those busy, busy evenings.
Top Review by morgainegeiser
This is a very easy recipe to prepare. I found it bland as it is written, I did a taste test and then added some garlic and more spices. With that little tweaking it was quite good.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes with juice
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
- black olives
- dill pickle
Directions See How It's Made
- Crumble beef into a lage skillet with butter. Over high heat stir until meat is no longer pink. Add onion and turn heat to low.
- Add tomatoes with liquid and macaroni. Stir to blend.
- Heat to simmering. Add mixed vegetables. Cover and cook until vegetables are done and macaroni is to your liking, 20-25 minutes.
- Sprinkle with salt, oregano, basil and pepper.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese to spoon over individual servings. Garnish with black olives and pickles if you desire.