Came from the Better Home and Garden's Meat Stretcher cookbook. It's kinda like hamburger helper for people who can't have pasta. This is my husband's favorite thing for me to make. I regularly use a can of white kernel corn (never tried yellow) instead of two cans garbanzo beans but would recommend trying all garbanzo beans first.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans (you can substitute 1 15 oz can white kernel corn for 1 can garbanzo beans if you want)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Brown beef with onion and garlic until onion is tender and beef is brown.
- Drain fat.
- Stir in everything else and heat to boiling.
- Put in a 1 1/2 quart casserole and cover.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Be sure and stir before serving.