Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a simple, delicious casserole to put together. I have made this using ground beef and tomato sauce, or with a seasoned ground pork sausage and along with a traditional style spaghetti sauce. No matter how it's made, both taste great! The seasoned pork sausage I used, already had salt, course cracked pepper, dried sage, onion and fresh garlic added to it. Have also made this using a lb. of leftover (already-cooked) taco seasoned meat, which gave this dish lots of flavor.
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt & pepper, season according to taste
- 1.23 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 (453.59 g) can tomato sauce
- 946.36 ml shredded cabbage
- 44.37 ml Kraft® Grated Parmesan Cheese
- In a skillet, brown the ground beef; drain off the excess grease.
- Add beef back to the skillet, then add the onion, garlic, salt & pepper, and the red pepper flakes.
- Add the tomato sauce, stir and heat the tomato/beef mixture, over low heat.
- At this point, set the oven temp to 350 degrees.
- Spray the inside of a 2-1/2 quart casserole baking dish, with a no-stick cooking spray.
- Add 2 cups of the shredded cabbage to the casserole baking dish.
- Add half of the tomato/beef mixture, over the shredded cabbage.
- Repeat layer of cabbage and tomato/beef mixture.
- Sprinkle casserole with the parmesan cheese.
- Cover, and bake in oven for 45 minutes.
This receipe is a keeper. I added 1 cup of cooked brown rice to the meat mixture. Will make again.
We enjoyed this. I gave it 5 stars for simple and tasty
Beyond scrumptous...easy to prepare and delicious!