Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
EASY CASSEROLE Bake which your family will enjoy! When I am pushed for time I prepare this dish, put the timer on and tend to chores! Delicious flavors and just add a salad to complete your dinnr.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 (24 ounce) package o'brien frozen potatoes, thawed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (divided)
- 1 (10 ounce) cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk
- Brown ground beef using vegetable oil. Set aside and sprinkle with seasoned salt.
- Place thawed potatoes in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Sprinkle with onion and 1 cup of shredded cheese.
- Arrange browned beef on top of potato mixture.
- In a small bowl combine mushroom soup, sour cream and milk. Pour over browned beef.
- Bake covered in a 350 degree oven for 55 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cheese on top and bake uncovered for 5 minutes.
We enjoyed this, but next time will season it up a bit more. I used leftover taco meat for my ground beef but it still needed a bit more for our tastes.
Voted it a Keeper!
Even my very picky boys liked this! I didn't have frozen potatoes so just diced and boiled some, they were a little bland so I think next time I will add some garlic salt. I also added some sauteed mushrooms to the beef, will definently put more of those in next time!!!! Definently a keeper!!
My husband and I thought this recipe was delicious !!! I couldn't find the o'brien potatoes so i added onions and green peppers to plain cubed hash browns. It turned out great just need more salt for our tastes. Thank you !!!