Recipe by chefthyme
Versatile recipe that is easily adaptable to personal tastes and whatever ingredients are on hand. Great microwaved with a pouring of vanilla soy milk! I like to be able to prepare this however the whim suits me, and as everything that you make from scratch, I know what's in it and how it was prepared...exactly the way I like it!
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 3⁄4 cup nuts, chopped (I usually use pecans and walnuts)
- 3⁄4 cup coconut
- 1 cup dried fruit, of your choice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a high-sided lasagne pan with parchment paper, silicone mat, or oil.
- Mix first 7 ingredients (honey through salt) in a large measuring cup or bowl. (If you layer in a glass container it's kinda cool to see the strata that form. Or is it just me?).
- In a large bowl combine the oats and nuts and then add the liquids and mix until everything is well coated with the honey mixture. Spread evenly in the prepared pan. Bake for about 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until the granola is golden brown. After the 1st 10 minutes I add the coconut because I don't like my coconut really toasted. Baking time will vary depending on the depth of the granola in the pan.
- After the baking is complete add the dried fruit.
- Allow to cool completely, store in jars or other air tight containers.