Recipe by ~jb4~
This is my Grandmother's recipe, it has been around a very long time. This is so good with Vanilla Ice Cream or Whipped Cream. I hope you enjoy it as much as we all have for so very long.
- 1 (28 ounce) cansliced peaches
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan bring peaches to a boil, add as much sugar to make it sweet.
- Once it boils pull off heat.
- Melt butter in a baking pan, 13x9 inch at 350 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl, add milk and egg, mix well.
- Pour the batter into pan with the melted butter.
- Pour hot peaches from saucepan over the batter.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Check after 30 minutes of baking and at 45 minutes sprinkle sugar over the top.
- Let brown on top.
- It may need longer to set up, it varies from oven to oven.