Recipe by Beer, Brats, and Cheese
When I worked as a bagger at a supermarket as a teenager, I used to buy a single serving of this from the deli on literally every lunch break. It is one of my personal favorites and always gets destroyed around the holidays. I've made it with and without MSG and I feel it benefits from it.
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 1 3⁄4 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 white onion, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons dried dill
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons accent flavor enhancer (MSG)
- 3 (2 ounce) packagescarl budding beef, chopped into 1 inch squares
- 10 plain bagels, chopped into quarters
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients --
- Chill at least three hours. Serve with your chopped bagels. Crackers and pita bread aren't bad either.
- ***People also report good results with Hormel Dried Beef.
- **Can also use onion, sesame, multigrain, and poppy seed bagels with good results, but plain is my favorite. Chill bagels along with dip before serving, do not toast them.