This is Nathalie Dupree's easy recipe for the classic and decadent southern comfort food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring the milk and water to a simmer in a heavy-bottomed nonstick saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add the grits and the garlic and bring just to a boil.
- 3Cook until soft and creamy, adding heavy cream as needed, to make a loose but not runny mixture.
- 4Add as much butter and cheese as desired, stirring to make sure the cheese doesn't stick.
- 5Add the shrimp and cook a few minutes more, until pink.
- 6Fold in the washed and dried greens and remove from the heat. The greens will cook in the hot grits.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grits With Greens and Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 759.4
- Calories from Fat 422
- Total Fat 46.9 g
- Saturated Fat 28.5 g
- Cholesterol 371.9 mg
- Sodium 832.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 43.2 g