Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 10 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn, thawed and drained
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1⁄4 cups quick-cooking grits
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups shredded smoked gouda cheese
- 1⁄2 cup minced green onion
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- sliced green onion, strips for garnish
- In a large skillet, cook bacon and corn over medium heat, stirring frequently, until bacon is crisp; drain well, and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°; spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil over med-high heat.
- Slowly stir in grits; decrease heat, and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in cream; remove from heat.
- Add cheese, green onion, and bacon mixture to grits.
- Add eggs and salt, stirring until combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared dish.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with green onion strips, if desired.