1 hr 30 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 cups frozen whole kernel corn, thawed and drained
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cups quick-cooking grits
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups shredded smoked gouda cheese
- 1/2 cup minced green onion
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- sliced green onion, strips for garnish
- 1In a large skillet, cook bacon and corn over medium heat, stirring frequently, until bacon is crisp; drain well, and set aside.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°; spray a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- 3In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil over med-high heat.
- 4Slowly stir in grits; decrease heat, and simmer for 4-5 minutes or until thickened.
- 5Stir in cream; remove from heat.
- 6Add cheese, green onion, and bacon mixture to grits.
- 7Add eggs and salt, stirring until combined.
- 8Spoon mixture into prepared dish.
- 9Bake for 40-50 minutes or until golden brown.
- 10Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- 11Garnish with green onion strips, if desired.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grits, Smoked Gouda, Bacon, and Corn Bake
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 319.8
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 84.7 mg
- Sodium 418.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 13.7 g