EASY, savory souffle!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Butter four 1 1/4 cup souffle dishes.
- 3Melt 2 tablespoons butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and leek; saute 3 minutes. Mix in 1 1/4 cups milk and 1/2 teaspoons salt, then grits; bring to simmer. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until thick, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, whisk remaining 1/4 cup milk and yolks in small bowl to blend.
- 5Remove grits from heat. Stir in yolk mixture, then green onions and 3/4 cup cheese.
- 6Beat white in medium bowl until stiff but not dry. Fold into grits in 3 additions. Divide mixture among prepared dishes (mixture will come all the way to the top of dishes). Sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese.
- 7Bake souffles until puffed and brown on top, about 18 minutes. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grits, Cheese, and Onion Souffles
Serving Size: 1 (248 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.9
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 264.7 mg
- Sodium 604.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 18.1 g