Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of the Zaar recipes that I adopted. I hope to prepare this one soon and will post any modifications that I make to the recipe.
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup hominy grits
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 garlic cheese rolls
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄2 cup cheese, grated
- Bring 3-1/2 c milk to boiling in medium saucepan.
- Gradually stir in grits.
- Gook over medium heat , stirring constantly, until thick (about 10 minutes).
- Remove from heat.
- Add butter and garlic cheese; stir until melted.
- Stir in eggs and remaining milk.
- Pour into 2 quart casserole.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree oven uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over top.
- Bake 15 minutes longer.
I am not rating this because I didn't make it exactly as directed. I halved this recipe. I didn't have a garlic cheese roll, so used about 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese and some garlic salt. My grits may have been a little old, because this didn't taste quite right. I hope to make this again, with new grits, and see how it is. And maybe I can find a cheese garlic roll? Thank you Dreamgoddess!