- 1 cup grits
- 4 1⁄2 cups salt water
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or substitute 1 package garlic cheese rolls for 8 ounces cheddar cheese and garlic powder)
- 2 beaten eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- buttered bread crumb
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the grits in the water.
- When done, add the butter, garlic cheese, eggs, and milk; stir until melted.
- Pour into greased casserole and sprinkle buttered bread crumbs on top.
- Bake 45 minutes or until the center is done in 350°F oven.
- To make the bread crumbs, process 2 slices of bread in food processor and add a pat of butter. Whirl until uniform.