Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is an easy cheese dip that is delicious. It is response to the query- What do I do with Velveeta! Everyone who has tried this enjoys it, and despite the easy preparation, it can hold it's own next to any restaurant style chile con queso.
- 16 ounces Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato and green chile mix (I use Rotel)
- Place cubes of velveeta in a microwave safe dish.
- Pour can of tomatoes and chile on top of cheese cubes (do not drain).
- Microwave on high for 3 minutes and stir.
- Microwave for 2 additional minutes.
- You are done!
- Note sauce will thicken in about 10-15 minutes after it begins to cool.
My aunt and sister make this all the time. It's easy, but easy isn't what it's always about. I would avoid a restaurant that served this.
Very good- just what we wanted for a snack tonight. I only made half the recipe since it was just us at home, and we'll be snacking on this for days to come. I make a similar dip using the velveeta, salsa (rather than rotel) and sausage in the crockpot, and I think I prefer that one, but this was good for a quick-fix snack. I added some canned sliced jalapenos and their juice to spice it up more. Thanks for sharing!
This is the one - traditional Texas chile con queso, served for decades at bazillions of parties across the state. No other cheese can duplicate this texture and taste. To prevent it from getting too thick, keep it warm in a small crockpot or chafing dish (or other warming device).