Recipe by SuePA
I got this long ago from a friend, who got her from her mother, who got it from a firend ... A long time favorite!
Top Review by DianaS
This was really good! I used Sargento shredded Mexican cheese, and less of it, and added some leftover canned green chilies I happened to have on hand. I'll be making this again soon!
- 3 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 1 onion, medium chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 10 ounces chicken broth
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1 lb monterey jack cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook chicken breasts in microwave until done.
- Cut meat into chunks.
- Set aside.
- Saute onions, garlic, and pepper in margarine over mediuom heat until limp.
- Mix together the canned ingredients and chicken broth.
- Add sauteed ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Tear tortillas into fourths.
- Dip half of the tortilla pieces in the soup mixture and lay them in bottom of a baking dish.
- Cover with half of the soup mixture, then half of the chicken, and half of the cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes, until bubbly.