Recipe by :)Shirl(:
Found on a flier inside Tobasco's new flavor Chipotle Tabasco. Have not tried yet but have on my to make when the tomatoes and onions are ripe.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large sweet onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons TABASCO® brand Chipotle Pepper Sauce, divided
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, sliced
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- mixed baby greens
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and cook for 5 mins, or until golden brown, stirring often.
- Stir in 1 TBL Tabasco, Worcestershire sauce, mix well and remove from heat.
- Combine ground beef, cilantro, green onion, salt and the remaining 3 TBL Tabasco, mix well and form into 4 patties.
- Grill over medium-high heat to desired doneness, about 3 minutes per side for medium rare.
- Top each burger with a slice of cheese and grill until cheese is just melted.
- Place on toasted buns and top with the spicy onions and greens.
- For those spicy challenged you can use the Chipotle Tabasco as you would ketcup.
- I'm sure you could use plain Tabasco, but this Chipotle flavor is very nice.