Recipe by B.B.Grimm
A great way to use the tomatoes from the garden. This sauce is light and sweet.
Top Review by grapefruit
this is SO easy + great flavours too. just made it ahead for tomorrows dinner & will be making it several times over. thanks for the great recipe! i'm not a premium member so haven't been able to email you - but thanks for the photos and great reviews :)
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup wine (your choice or something sweet is best)
- 1⁄2 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl crush 28 oz of fresh tomatoes with a "meat" mallet until they are a consistency you like (I like mine chunky).
- In a 4-quart pot heat oil.
- Add crushed garlic and chopped onion, Sauté.
- Add tomatoes, bring to a low boil.
- Crush up basil an add with all remaining ingredients.
- Cook for 30-40 minutes over med-high heat; stir occasionally.