Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
tastes great and makes zucchini fun...
Make and share this Grilled Zucchini With Tomatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 medium zucchini
- 4 large roma tomatoes
- olive oil
- 2 large red sweet peppers or 2 large green sweet peppers, quartered and seeded*
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 8 fresh basil leaves, snipped (about 1 tablespoon)
- 1 dash dried oregano, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Bias-cut zucchini into 1/2-inch slices. Cut tomatoes into 1/2-inch slices. Brush these vegetables on all sides with olive oil.
- Grill zucchini and tomato slices on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 4 to 6 minutes, turning once.
- Remove from grill.
- Grill sweet peppers about 15 minutes or until skins are blistered and browned.
- Transfer peppers to a new brown paper bag; close bag and set aside for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Peel off skins. Cover and chill vegetables for at least 30 minutes.
- For dressing, in a small bowl, combine vinegar, orange juice, and honey. Whisk or beat with a fork until well blended.
- Stir in basil and oregano. Drizzle some of the dressing over chilled vegetables.
- Store remaining dressing in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
I did love this. Was a great side dish to the rib's I was BBQ-ing. Chef 220151.