Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made this up because I needed a simple vegetable side dish with souvlaki. This works well with meat, chicken or fish, and people have really enjoyed it when I make it. I prefer the texture of oil-packed sundried tomatoes here, but dried would also work. I use a vegetable grill basket/wok to cook this in, but roasting the veggies would also be nice. Let me know if you try it that way.
- 5 zucchini
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup mixed fresh herbs
- Cut zucchini into 1 1/2" spears.
- Julienne the tomatoes.
- Coarsely chop the garlic.
- Mix everything together in a large bowl and let marinate for an hour or so.
- Transfer the zucchini to the grill wok with tongs, leaving some marinade, tomato and garlic behind.
- Grill over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the zucchini starts to soften up and gets some grill marks, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Return the zucchini to the bowl and toss together with the remaining marinade and tomatoes.
- I've added toasted pine nuts at the end, and crumbled feta another time.
- Mix it up!