Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
Super easy side dish that can double as a meal. It is great over pasta, with grilled chicken.
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian spices
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can Italian-style tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- Cut zucchini lenghtwise.
- Brush with olive oil and sprinkle seasonings.
- equally on all pieces.
- Place cut side down on med-hot grill for 3 minutes. Turn 1/4 turn (do not flip) grill for another 3 minutes Flip and grill for about 5 more minutes. Zucchini should be soft, but not squishy.
- Take off grill and cut into 1/2 in pieces. Toss with tomatoes and chesse and enjoy.
Boy I loved this dish! Easy to do and such wonderful flavor! Served this as a side dish but it would be great as a meal over pasta. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Made for the Top Favorites of 2009 event
Like how quick and easy this came together. The only change I made was to warm the tomatoes. Next time will make a little extra so that I can take the leftovers to work for lunch. Thanks for the post.
Simple and delicious... can't beat that! I put the cheese by the grill so that as soon as the zucchini came off, I could sprinkle them with cheese so it would melt. I sprinkled the tomatoes, which were at room temperature, over top, and it was perfect. Thanks for sharing!