Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
From Sunset. I need to make this for my friend, Dani. :)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil leaf
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey or 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 zucchini, rinsed, ends trimmed, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds (3 lb. total)
- basil sprig
- salt and pepper
- In a small bowl, mix chopped basil, vinegar, mustard, honey, and garlic. Whisking, blend in oil.
- Thread zucchini on thin skewers so rounds lie flat and pieces touch. Brush generously with basil vinaigrette.
- Place zucchini on a barbecue grill over a solid bed of medium coals or medium heat on a gas grill (you can hold your hand at grill level only 4 to 5 seconds).
- Close lid on gas grill. Cook until brown on each side, 5 to 7 minutes total; turn once.
- Push zucchini from skewers onto a platter. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette. Garnish with basil sprigs. Add salt and pepper to taste.