Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
An unusual grilled salad with ingredients that are the essence of summer! From Bon Appetit.
- 4 medium zucchini, trimmed, halved lengthwise
- 4 medium crookneck yellow squash, trimmed, halved lengthwise
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (about 1 ounce)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Prepare barbecue to medium heat.
- Place zucchini and crookneck squash on large baking sheet; brush all over with 3 tablespoons oil.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill vegetables until tender and brown, turning occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to plate and cool.
- Cut vegetables diagonally into 1-inch-wide pieces.
- Place in large bowl.
- Add basil, Parmesan cheese, balsamic vinegar and remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and toss to blend.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.
Fabulous zucchini recipe. I sliced into circles, grilled with vidalia onion and then followed the tossing directions. Everyone loved - even my 3 year old ate a plate of it! Thanks so much for sharing!
Any recipe from Bon Appetit is bound to be good, and this was no exception. I did add 2 cloves of minced garlic to the olive oil. Even my roommate, who professes to hate squash, loved this dish.
I made this tonight with grilled chicken. My 2 year old even gobbled it up. The only thing I did differently was slicing them into discs instead of lengthewise. Then I put both the basil and discs in a foil pouch on the grill. Served it warm, yummy!