Recipe by Pamplemoussee
I put this together one night after work. I'm trying a new thing where I only eat meat one meal a day, and I'd already eaten chicken for lunch. When I got home from work my dad had made steak, so instead I used the grilled zucchini side dish and made a sandwich. The zucchini has the texture of a meat like sliced turkey or ham, so it feels like you're not stuck with a pile of veggies between bread. The hummus is a nice protien to keep your meal well rounded. The cook time is for the zucchini
- 1 zucchini, sliced seasoned, and grilled
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 1 -2 tablespoon hot pepper hummus (I used Sonny & Joes)
- sliced tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- You can toast the bread, but I didn't. Spread the hummus on one slice of the bread and the mustard on the other slice.
- Layer the grilled zucchini, tomato slices, and lettuce between the bread.
- Salt and pepper to taste, but I think the hummus and mustard gives it a great flavor.