Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This easy and delicious summer salad recipe is from Gourmet Magazine ( August 2002). Zucchini can also be grilled in a lightly oiled well-seasoned ridged grill pan over moderately high heat. Cooking time may differ slightly.
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus additional for brushing zucchini
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 zucchini, halved lengthwise (1 3/4 to 2 lb total)
- 12 ounces arugula (4 cups) or 12 ounces spinach (4 cups) or 12 ounces purslane, thick stems removed (4 cups)
- 10 ounces pears or 10 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- Prepare grill for cooking. If using a charcoal grill, open vents on bottom of grill.
- Make dressing: Whisk together zest, lemon juice, shallot, mustard, and salt in a small bowl. Add oil in a slow stream, whisking until dressing is emulsified. Whisk in pepper and parsley.
- Grill zucchini: Lightly brush zucchini all over with oil. When fire is hot (you can hold your hand 5 inches above rack for 1 to 2 seconds), grill zucchini, cut sides down first, on lightly oiled grill rack, uncovered, turning once, until zucchini are just tender, 8 to 12 minutes total. Transfer to a cutting board and cool slightly, then cut diagonally into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Toss zucchini with arugula, tomatoes, and dressing in a large bowl. Serve immediately.
The perfect recipe to showcase the fresh zucchini, crook neck squash and parsley from our garden. I also added a scattering of fresh parsley to the salad right before serving. Served over mixed greens which contained arugula and purslane. Zucchini was grilled on the stove top in a grill pan. Thank you for posting the recipe.