Recipe by diner524
A recipe from "The BBQ Bible" by Steven Raichlen, which he states this is from Morocco, posting for ZWT6.
Top Review by evelyn/athens
This delicious recipe is very typical of the Mediterranean area, as we have something almost exactly the same in Greece. Having said that, we loved this! It is delicious and you can't make enough zucchini.
- 453.59 g zucchini, scrubbed and trimmed
- 44.37 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 12 large fresh mint leaves, slivered (or 1 tsp dried)
- 29.58 ml fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice (to taste)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 1.23 ml ground cumin
- 1.23 ml white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Cut the zucchini into 1/4 inch length-wise slices. Brush each with olive oil (you'll need about 1 tablespoons in all) and season with salt and pepper.
- When ready to cook, arrange the zucchini slices on the hot grill, turning with tongs, until tender and well browned, 10 minutes in all. Transfer to cutting board to cool.
- Cut each zucchini slice crosswise on the diagonal into 1/4 inch strips. Transfer strips to a serving bowl and stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, the mint, parsley, 1 tablespoons lemon juice, garlic, paprika, cumin and 1/4 teaspoons white pepper. Taste for seasoning, adding salt, white pepper, or lemon juice as necessary; the salad should be highly seasoned. Serve at room temperature.