A recipe from "The BBQ Bible" by Steven Raichlen, which he states this is from Morocco, posting for ZWT6.
- 453.59 g zucchini, scrubbed and trimmed
- 44.37 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 12 large fresh mint leaves, slivered (or 1 tsp dried)
- 29.58 ml fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 14.79 ml fresh lemon juice (to taste)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 1.23 ml ground cumin
- 1.23 ml white pepper
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Cut the zucchini into 1/4 inch length-wise slices. Brush each with olive oil (you'll need about 1 tablespoons in all) and season with salt and pepper.
- When ready to cook, arrange the zucchini slices on the hot grill, turning with tongs, until tender and well browned, 10 minutes in all. Transfer to cutting board to cool.
- Cut each zucchini slice crosswise on the diagonal into 1/4 inch strips. Transfer strips to a serving bowl and stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, the mint, parsley, 1 tablespoons lemon juice, garlic, paprika, cumin and 1/4 teaspoons white pepper. Taste for seasoning, adding salt, white pepper, or lemon juice as necessary; the salad should be highly seasoned. Serve at room temperature.