1/4 Photos of Grilled Zucchini Salad
A recipe from "The BBQ Bible" by Steven Raichlen, which he states this is from Morocco, posting for ZWT6.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb zucchini, scrubbed and trimmed
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 12 large fresh mint leaves, slivered (or 1 tsp dried)
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (to taste)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1Preheat the grill to high.
- 2Cut the zucchini into 1/4 inch length-wise slices. Brush each with olive oil (you'll need about 1 tablespoons in all) and season with salt and pepper.
- 3When ready to cook, arrange the zucchini slices on the hot grill, turning with tongs, until tender and well browned, 10 minutes in all. Transfer to cutting board to cool.
- 4Cut each zucchini slice crosswise on the diagonal into 1/4 inch strips. Transfer strips to a serving bowl and stir in the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, the mint, parsley, 1 tablespoons lemon juice, garlic, paprika, cumin and 1/4 teaspoons white pepper. Taste for seasoning, adding salt, white pepper, or lemon juice as necessary; the salad should be highly seasoned. Serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Zucchini Salad
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 113.4
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 11.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 1.5 g