Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 6 -8 large zucchini, roughly 4 pounds
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- sea salt, preferable gray salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 6 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted (optional)
- shaved parmesan cheese, to taste
- Prepare a charcoal grill, or heat a gas grill to high.
- Wash the zucchini and trim the ends.
- Using a mandolin or vegetable peeler thinly slice the zucchini lengthwise.
- Toss the zucchini with 1/3 of the olive oil, gray salt and pepper, to taste.
- Quickly grill the zucchini ribbons on 1 side, until lightly marked and wilted, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove to a plate or a baking dish and let cool slightly.
- When slightly cooled toss zucchini in a bowl with the remaining ingredients except nuts, if using and Parmesan.
- Spread onto a serving platter, top with pine nuts, if desired and shave Parmesan over the top.
- Eat and enjoy.
This was excellent! We have zucchini coming out of our ears right now and this was just perfect. Different and so yummy. I had to use a peeler, be careful you don't make them too thin. Also, I think the sea salt is key here, much better than regular salt. Next time, I may add some halved cherry tomatoes as we have lots of those too. Thanks much for posting, Tiger!