1/3 Photos of Grilled Zucchini Parmesan Sandwiches
Makes 4 open-faced sandwiches. Be sure to get the nice heavy whole-grain bread, not the airy brown colored "wheat" bread! From "Cooking a la Heart"- Delicious Heart Healthy Recipes from the Mankato Heart Health Program, 1988.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups grated fresh zucchini
- 4 slices whole grain bread, toasted
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1In a skillet, saute onion, garlic, basil, oregano, salt and pepper in olive oil until onion is translucent.
- 2Add zucchini and saute until soft.
- 3Spread vegetable mixture on toast.
- 4Top each sandwich with thin slices of tomato and a sprinkling of 1 tablespoon Parmesan.
- 5Broil until cheese turns golden.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Zucchini Parmesan Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.3
- Calories from Fat 172
- Total Fat 19.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 8.8 mg
- Sodium 756.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 11.8 g