Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 mins
You can use a griddle pan, a George Foreman grill or a BBQ for this. A perfect late summer dinner salad in my opinion.
- 4 zucchini, sliced thinly lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 figs, trimmed and quartered
- 100 g Greek yogurt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons mint, chopped
- Heat griddle pan (or grill) to medium heat. Brush zucchini slices with olive oil on both sides and grill for 3 minutes on each side until charred with stripes.
- Brush the fig quarters with olive oil and grill for 3 minutes in total, turning once.
- To make the dressing: whisk the yogurt, sugar and some salt & pepper in a bowl and thin it to drizzling consistency with the milk. Stir in the sliced spring onion.
- Shortly before serving, toss the spinach with enough olive oi to coat it and season with a squeeze of lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Mix the spinach leaves into the zucchini slices and figs on a large serving plate. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with chopped mint.
I rarley leave reviews but I must say this is one of the best dinners I've made in a long time (and I cook almost every night). If someone asked "what does summer taste like?" I'd say this perfect combination of flavors! Thnx for psosting Moor Driver
This was wonderful! We got two baskets of figs in our CSA box this week, I was trying to figure out what to do with them all and I found this recipe. The only change I made was to serve the salad tossed. I ate almost half the recipe myself! I will definitely be making this again; it was perfect.