Recipe by Moor Driver
You can use a griddle pan, a George Foreman grill or a BBQ for this. A perfect late summer dinner salad in my opinion.
Top Review by WSB SDCA
I rarley leave reviews but I must say this is one of the best dinners I've made in a long time (and I cook almost every night). If someone asked "what does summer taste like?" I'd say this perfect combination of flavors! Thnx for psosting Moor Driver
- 4 zucchini, sliced thinly lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 figs, trimmed and quartered
- 100 g Greek yogurt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons mint, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat griddle pan (or grill) to medium heat. Brush zucchini slices with olive oil on both sides and grill for 3 minutes on each side until charred with stripes.
- Brush the fig quarters with olive oil and grill for 3 minutes in total, turning once.
- To make the dressing: whisk the yogurt, sugar and some salt & pepper in a bowl and thin it to drizzling consistency with the milk. Stir in the sliced spring onion.
- Shortly before serving, toss the spinach with enough olive oi to coat it and season with a squeeze of lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Mix the spinach leaves into the zucchini slices and figs on a large serving plate. Drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with chopped mint.