Recipe by Donnilyn
Grilled zucchini with diced tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. The smokiness from the grill adds a wonderful flavor to this recipe.
Top Review by Queen uh Cuisine
This was really good. Like eating cheese pizza without the huge guilt....and w/o the bread too :( (I love good Bread) I used much less olive oil for this recipe. I used two tablespoons to cook the zucchini and about 1 tablespoon to drizzle over the cheese. All in All it tasted great. Oh, also I couldn't find Pizza seasoning so I used Italian seasoning and Garlic salt. Thanks Donnilyn for a great recipe. Made for PAC Fall 2007 :)
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pizza seasoning
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut zucchini in medium slices and toss in 1/3 cup olive oil.
- Place on medium high grill.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp seasoning.(If your pizza seasoning doesn't have garlic salt in it sprinkle about 1/8 tsp garlic salt on zucchini; or regular salt if you prefer).
- Grill until soft to touch.
- While grilling zucchini place diced tomatoes in a 8x8 casserole dish and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp seasoning (Add garlic or regular salt here as well) When zucchini is done place on top of tomatoes. Put mozzarella on top-drizzle with remaining olive oil and sprinkle 1/4 tsp seasoning on top.
- Bake in 350 degree oven until cheese is melted and bubbly.