Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Cooking Light. 2000
Make and share this Grilled Zucchini and Summer Squash Salad With Citrus Splash Dres recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons grated orange rind
- 3⁄4 cup fresh orange juice (about 3 oranges)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice (about 3 limes)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 red onions
- 4 zucchini, halved lengthwise (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 4 yellow squash, each halved lengthwise (about 1 pound)
- cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Peel onions, leaving root intact; cut each onion into 4 wedges.
- Add onion, zucchini, and yellow squash to bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning bag occasionally.
- Prepare grill.
- Drain vegetables in a colander over a bowl, reserving marinade. Place vegetables on a grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill for 8 minutes or until tender; turn and baste occasionally with 3/4 cup of the marinade.
- Place the vegetables on a serving platter; sprinkle with the basil. Serve the vegetables with the remaining marinade.