This is the best stuff ever ('eveh' if you're from New England)! This is the ragout from Willies Steakhouse and those in the Worcester area know it well! The recipe is also from the CIA's (Culinary Institute of America) Cookbook "Vegetables"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large zucchini (sliced into 1/2-inch lengthwise)
- 1 large summer squash, sliced into 1/2-inch lengthwise
- 1 vidalia onion, cut into 1/2-inch rings
- 1 large tomato, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces marinara sauce
- 1Mix fennel, coriander, pepper, cumin and garlic powder.
- 2Brush zucchini, summer squash and onion with half of the oil and sprinkle with the coriander spice mix on both sides.
- 3Grill vegetables until al dente.
- 4Allow vegetables to cool and slice into 1/2" pieces.
- 5In sauté pan, add remainder of olive oil, shallots, garlic and grilled onion until caramelized.
- 6Add zucchini, summer squash, tomato and marinara sauce.
- 7Simmer for 5 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- 8Use within 2 days.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Grilled Zucchini and Summer Squash Ragout
Serving Size: 1 (307 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.0
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 240.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 4.1 g