Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the best stuff ever ('eveh' if you're from New England)! This is the ragout from Willies Steakhouse and those in the Worcester area know it well! The recipe is also from the CIA's (Culinary Institute of America) Cookbook "Vegetables"
- 1 large zucchini (sliced into 1/2-inch lengthwise)
- 1 large summer squash, sliced into 1/2-inch lengthwise
- 1 vidalia onion, cut into 1/2-inch rings
- 1 large tomatoes, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces marinara sauce
- Mix fennel, coriander, pepper, cumin and garlic powder.
- Brush zucchini, summer squash and onion with half of the oil and sprinkle with the coriander spice mix on both sides.
- Grill vegetables until al dente.
- Allow vegetables to cool and slice into 1/2" pieces.
- In sauté pan, add remainder of olive oil, shallots, garlic and grilled onion until caramelized.
- Add zucchini, summer squash, tomato and marinara sauce.
- Simmer for 5 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Use within 2 days.