Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great and simple summer recipe as I am always looking for new things to do with all the zucchini out of my garden. I actually owe this one to my good buddy Mike, as he came up with it first.
- 2 medium zucchini
- 59.16 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml cajun seasoning
- Slice the zucchini into 1/4 inch fillets - longways.
- Mix the olive oil and all the seasonings in a one cup mixing container or small bowl.
- Coat all of the zucchini pieces in the mixture and place on a plate to take out to the grill.
- Make sure the grill is pre-heated and place the seasoned zucchini slices on the grilling surface.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes on each side.
- Note: The zucchini should be soft throughout when poked with a fork and have nice grill marks on each side when they are done. Some pieces made need to be rotated and cooked a little longer if they are on the edge of the grill or out of "the sweet spot". Now you have a great side dish, or something special to treat your vegetarian friends that you can cook along side the dogs and burgers at your next cookout or family gathering.
Fantastic taste! I'm no chef, so the bonus for me was that it was also very simple to make. Thanks for the recipe!
Wonderful flavor and simple to make. I'd probably love it even more minus the salt and with a tablespoon less oil.
This is great! I used my stovetop grill pan to make these. After I cut them into strips, I patted some of the extra water off with a paper towel, and brushed the mixture onto one side of the zucchini, piling them criss-cross style on a plate. I then put them "mixture-side down" on the grill pan, and I brushed the other side with the seasoning while the strips were cooking. I used Cajun Spice Rub Mix Recipe for the cajun seasoning, too. This was so easy and so good. I served these with Healthy Chicken/Turkey Burgers. Thanks for posting this recipe - and thank Mike too! ;)