Recipe by Chef mariajane
This dish is a one that makes a lovely side dish for a steak dinner - just delicious -
- 1 1⁄2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled, and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 red onion, sliced into 1/2-inch thick rings
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 green onions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat barbecue to medium-high. Cook potatoes in boiling salted water until tender, but firm, about 14 minutes. Drain and cool slightly.
- Toss peppers in 1 teaspoons olive oil. Place on grill, close lid and cook until skins have blistered, turning once, about 8 minutes. Place in a bowl, cover with plastic and let cool. Peel and seed peppers. Cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Separately toss onions and potatoes with 1 teaspoons olive oil each. Place onions in a grill basket and cook for 5 minutes. Add potatoes and cook until tender and nicely charred, another 5 minutes; turning as needed.
- Add potatoes and onions to peppers along with remaining oil, mayonnaise, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and green onions; toss.