Prep 2 hrs
Cook 1 hr
Found this is a Southern Living Cookbook. The key to this recipe is the longer you marinade the chicken the better the flavor.
- 1 (8 ounce) carton plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 5 drops hot sauce
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken, cut up
- Combine first 10 ingredients, mixing well; pour into a large shallow baking dish. Add chicken, turning to coat; cover and marinate in refrigerator, at least 2 hours.
- Remove chicken from marinade, reserving the marinade for basting. Grill about 6 inches from medium-hot coals 1 hour or until done, turning frequently and basting with marinade.
I love the combination of spices and how tender the chicken came out. I made this on my indoor grill but can't wait try try it on the charcoal one. Thank you.
A delicious grilled chicken! I did use Greek Yogurt and used 2 cloves minced garlic. One of the keys to a good grilled chicken is to use the lid of the grill...cover the chicken for a bit of time, but not so much as you make the coals go out, maybe like 5 to 10 minutes, then take the lid off, then repeat, etc. At least that works for me. Thanks for posting Jim. Made for ZWT 6.