This light and delicious dinner came to me by way of Chef Josh Korn of Paul Martin's American Bistro.
for the yellowtail tuna
- 2 -7 ounces portions fresh yellowtail fish fillets
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
For the Salsa
- 1 whole pineapple, peeled, sliced into 1/4 inch slices, and diced
- 1 small red onion, peeled, sliced 1 inch thick, grilled, and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped cilantro
- salt & pepper
- Season yellowtail with salt & pepper on both sides, and place on hot grill. Grill to medium (3 minutes per side depending on thickness), as overcooking will lead to a dry finished product. While fish is cooking, place all ingredients for the pineapple salsa in a bowl and toss. When the fish is cooked, place a piece of banana leaf on the plate. Place fish on top of banana leaf and top with pineapple salsa, serve with rice and garnish with a grilled lemon.
- Salsa can be made 1-2 hours in advance, no need to chill.