Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy. No cutting up into flowerets. Just put it on the grill a bit before the rest of your meal.
Make and share this Grilled Whole Cauliflower recipe from Food.com.
- Wash cauliflower. Remove leaves and stem. With a sharp knife, cut/dig out the hard core.
- Tear a large piece of heavy-duty aliminum foil large enough to wrap the cauliflower. Place the cauliflower in the center if the piece of foil. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the softened butter and all the seasonings; mix well.
- Spread the seasoned butter mixture over top of the cauliflower. Wrap tightly in the foil.
- Place on top rack of grill, close lid and grill over med-high heat for about 50 - 60 minutes or until desired tenderness is achieved (you can test w/ a sharp knife or fork right through the foil).
- Be careful not to get steam burns when openening the foil.
So easy & delicious! Because I dislike nutmeg, I omitted that and added some Italian breadcrumbs. I'm always looking for new ways to cook veggies on the grill and this recipe "fit the bill." This dish gets RAVES from everyone, even those who claim a dislike for cauliflower! I actually like to get a slight char on the outside. You have to peek occasionally through the process, but as Parsley warns, be careful about the hot steam escaping. Fall is the perfect time to buy this at your local farmer's market.
Amazing! I used the nutmeg, which was not a flavour my family enjoyed. What made this amazing was we had meal time confusion/delays and it still was moist and yummy. Will try again without nutmeg and for the correct time!
This is how I will cook Cauliflower from now on! I also did not put nutmeg on mine, I don't really care for it, I used parmesan cheese. I sat the cauliflower in a bowl and let it soak up the butter and seasonings for about an hour first. This was awesome, thanks Parlsey!!!