Recipe by *Parsley*
Easy. No cutting up into flowerets. Just put it on the grill a bit before the rest of your meal.
Top Review by NancysFancies
So easy & delicious! Because I dislike nutmeg, I omitted that and added some Italian breadcrumbs. I'm always looking for new ways to cook veggies on the grill and this recipe "fit the bill." This dish gets RAVES from everyone, even those who claim a dislike for cauliflower! I actually like to get a slight char on the outside. You have to peek occasionally through the process, but as Parsley warns, be careful about the hot steam escaping. Fall is the perfect time to buy this at your local farmer's market.
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter, softened to room temp
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- aluminum foil
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash cauliflower. Remove leaves and stem. With a sharp knife, cut/dig out the hard core.
- Tear a large piece of heavy-duty aliminum foil large enough to wrap the cauliflower. Place the cauliflower in the center if the piece of foil. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the softened butter and all the seasonings; mix well.
- Spread the seasoned butter mixture over top of the cauliflower. Wrap tightly in the foil.
- Place on top rack of grill, close lid and grill over med-high heat for about 50 - 60 minutes or until desired tenderness is achieved (you can test w/ a sharp knife or fork right through the foil).
- Be careful not to get steam burns when openening the foil.